Friday, November 4, 2011

Weekend Happenings

My parents and my brother are on their way to visit us for the weekend.  I'm super duper excited because my brother has never been to my apartment or to NYC in general.  So I have a whole weekend full of fun planned!

We have plans to see the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park, tickets to the 9-11 Memorial, take a spin through Rockefeller Center and Times Square, and buy some fun stuff in Chinatown. We'll be tired tomorrow night for sure!

Plus, there's an Ikea which is fairly close to my house.  We took my mom there once and I think the only thing that stopped her from buying the entire store was that it wouldn't fit in the back of the car!  So I think she's going to go crazy again and I'm sure Dan will love it too.

Right now I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave work so that I can (a) enjoy the weekend, (b) grocery shop and figure out what we're going to eat this weekend, and (c) finish cleaning the house to avoid the "mom" looks when there are dust bunnies in the corner.  I'm also attempting to escape an interesting new co-worker.  More on him later.

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Fun! Have a great weekend with them. Looking forward to your posts about it. I love Ikea too...there is one about 45 minutes from us.