Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

Today we remember our veterans.

Thanks to their dedication and sacrifice, we have freedom.  That is a gift that is not and should not be taken lightly.

So I thought today, I would celebrate the veterans in my life.

My Grandpa is the second guy in from the left.  He's with 3 of his 4 sons and their wives.  He served in the Army and was at Pearl Harbor after it was bombed.

Paul's Grandpa served in the Navy.

My hilarious Grandpa (who hates having his picture taken) was in the Merchant Marines and worked in the engine room.  His job was to make sure that the tanks were getting fuel to the Navy and Marines.

And I certainly can't forget my Father-in-Law and Brother-in-Law.  Dad served in the Navy.  And Jon was in Iraq.  It's been 5 years since he's been home, but it's been a struggle for him.  And I'm so proud to be his sister and see how great he's doing.
I think it's also important to remember the families of those servicemen too.  While they aren't in battle, they are still fighting and sacrificing too.  I know a few women waiting on their Marines to come home.  I pray for everyone's safety and safe return.

Happy Veterans Day!

No comments: