Halloween is not generally what I would consider my favorite holiday, but most of my co-workers love it. And the Hubster has worked with these people forever, so every year we celebrate with them. The parties used to much crazier (I would equate it to a frat party but with costumes) and there were a few years that I was very grateful to be out of town for work. The last few years have been more fun and I think because we're older now, we're slowing down and the drinking isn't as wild. Phew!
This year, we got tickets to a club in NYC and some of my friends were visiting.
| Hubster as the Robot from LMFAO, Me as the White Swan, Kelly as Alice in Wonderland, and Joe as the Mad Hatter |
| Ben as Sgt Slaughter and Jenny as a cowgirl |
| Nothing like snuggling up to a cardboard box! lol |
| Yay for the girls! |
| Hubster encountered another guy who had the same costume. Unfortunately for that guy - his costume looked like someone had sat on him! |
Last night I turned into the Halloween Scrooge. I'm not afraid to say it, too. I left work early yesterday to make sure I was home and ready for the kids. No one came until about 6:15 which was surprising considering the kids downstairs told me it started at 4.
At around 6ish, I brought down some cupcakes that I had made this weekend for the kids downstairs. They can be a bit rambunctious, but most kids are. They seemed excited that I stopped by to say hi and they put the finishing touches on their costume and trick or treated at my door. They had a kid with them that I'd never seen before but who looked to be a big kid for his age. He then proceeded to push G out of the way (she's 6) to get to take handfuls of her candy. I told him that it wasn't nice and to stop pushing. He did and held out his bag for a piece of my candy. I wanted to give him none, but instead gave him 1 piece (like everyone else). He stood in front of me and continued to hold out his bag. Being the meanie that I am, I looked at him and said "I put a piece in your bag already. Have to leave some for the other kids."
This kid is 9. What a jerk.
The next trick or treater I got didn't have a costume on and sneezed on me when I put a candy in his bag.
I think I got one kid that said "thank you" all night.
What has happened to saying "trick or treat" and "thank you"? Doesn't anyone have manners left?
If we didn't say thank you, my parents would have marched us back to say thank you. Or else made us give our candy back.
Let me make this clear to my future children...you will say thank you, you will accept that some people give out *1* piece of candy, and you will wear a costume or you won't go out trick or treating.
I'm not even pregnant or a mom and I'm already the mean one!
Hope everyone had a great night! I did see some cute kids who seemed to be having fun. They made my night!

1 comment:
Great costumes!
I'm that way with my kids, I don't know how many times I reminded my kids last night, "don't forget to say thank you!" I was waiting at the sidewalk at each house so I couldn't really hear them at the doors. But it does irk me when kids these days have NO manners.
Post a Comment