Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Reality Show Debut

So I'm a bad blogger.  It's only the 17th and I already missed a NaBloPoMo day.  But life blew up at work yesterday.  And I had a super fun thing to do last night.  I'm hoping this will make up for it!

Last night, my friend Joelle and I went to be extras at a taping of a reality show!!  Since the show hasn't aired yet and we signed confidentiality agreements, I can't post the specifics.  But I will say this is a semi-popular cable reality show that's filmed in my general geographic area.

Joelle got an invitation to attend a party and be an extra in the taping.  I love going to see *stars* so I said that I would join her.  We braved the traffic and drove over to the party!


When we got in, out outfits were checked and we signed our confidentiality agreements.  It was pretty much the standard, no telling about what happens behind the scenes, etc.  After that, we headed to the upstairs of this building to wait for filming to start.

I made a quick pit stop in the ladies room and there was one of the "cast" members in there with her team.  Holy Hair Spray and Makeup!!!  I've never seen that kind of makeup on someone's face.  We went to a taping of Rachael Ray and Wendy Williams, and those ladies didn't even wear that much makeup.

I think the coolest part of the evening came after I returned from the bathroom.  Joelle had ordered us glasses of wine.  And when the waitress brought the drinks over to us, she said that someone had picked up our tab for us.  Um, wait...what?  We didn't know anyone there and we're with virtually all women.  Who in the world would do that for us?  It didn't seem like the time or place to question it, so we rolled with it and got very happy thinking of someone's act of kindness.


The rest of the night was spent giggling at seeing the famous people from the show, talking to them, taking their pictures, and just feeling cool being an extra in the show.  We've heard that we'll be on the first episode of the season which I think starts airing in late January.  Super excited to see if we make it on!

Something very interesting to note, though, about these "reality" shows. 

The "reality" is staged in many ways.

So watch these shows with a grain of salt.

Clearly, now I know but I'm still watching! lol

No comments: