Thursday, January 3, 2008

return to normal life

After 2 weeks of vacation, I've finally returned back to regular life. And I definitely have mixed feelings about it!

The past week or so has been spent eating and laying around with family. And while I have definitely enjoyed it immensely, I don't know how much longer my waistline can handle it. Seriously. I would eat until I thought I was going to throw up and then I don't think I ate for a few days because I could have lived off the previous days' food. Crazy.

As much as I enjoyed just relaxing and hanging out, I was anxious to get back to being normal. And by that I mean, I was looking forward to getting up each day and taking a shower before noon! And I did miss wearing my work clothes. Since I wear then most of the time anyways, it did feel good to put something other than jeans and sweats!

Wow - I definitely sound ungrateful to have all this time off. I swear that is not the case. I enjoyed all of my time off, but realized that I couldn't just sit at home every day without a plan. Ugh - there goes my big plan of being a stay at home person!

I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow night. We're going to the Melting Pot for dinner. Since I love cheese and they have lots of cheese fondue, I should be in business! I am definitely looking forward to this dinner and it should be super fun! :)

No comments: