I am exhasted this fine Monday morning. And it is completely related to the fact that all I did this weekend was play Rock Band. On Friday night my left arm hurt so bad from playing the guitar that I almost cried. I slept with my arm in a funny position because I could barely move it. Saturday night we played Rock Band virtually the entire night. Then, yesterday, we, of course, played in the afternoon and evening - with a dinner and party in between.
Who knew Rock Band was going to be so addicting?
I got this random phone call the other day from the bank. Someone was using my identity and buying stuff in the U.K. Who knew? It was only about $152 dollars, but that's not the point. How the heck did someone steal my identity? I have been monitoring my other credit cards to make sure that nothing else is going on and so far it doesn't appear as though that is the case. Phew!How scary. Thank goodness the bank caught that when they did!!
This bank thing also got me thinking - I spend way too much money. And I need to stop spending money and take control of my finances (and diet!). So even though it's after New Year's, I can still resolve to do things better now.So for now (and as long as I possibly can hold off), I am going to stop buying anything that is not essential to my life. I know this is going to be very hard for me, as I love shopping. But I just cannot keep up with this debt thing. I know that a bunch of my friends make about what I do and still shop, but this is just out of control. I need to take control of my finances, and I am going to do it.
I feel like I am going to be super bored, but really I won't be. I am going to clean out my basement so that I can start working out. Also, I should clear out my spare room and hook up the computer. Ahh...the things I should 'start' doing.
Or perhaps I'll just spend all of my time at Paul's house rocking out...

No comments:
Post a Comment