Since the Writer's Strike has made a serious dent in my tv watching, I've been forced to give up my regular shows and branch out into something new. A few of my favs:
American Gladiators
When I was a little kid, this was one of my favorite shows. My brother and I would set up mini duels in the house. We drove our mom nuts when we jousted with pillows on the couch. And we never quite got the hang of making our own travelator. Anyways, when I saw that there was going to be a new version of the Gladiators on, I got really excited. This show is awesome. Hulk Hogan cracks me up and I absolutely love watching The Eliminator. It's great competition and always makes me feel like I could try out and duel with the Gladiators.
The Celebrity Apprentice
I was a huge fan of the first season and watched religiously with all my friends in college. (Not to mention that I was in love with Bill Rancic.) The second season was only ok and I wasn't a huge fan of it. I stopped watching after that. But the celebrity version is awesome! And seriously - I love Gene Simmons from Kiss. He is so funny and entertaining. I am hooked on this show. And so is the boyfriend.
Jon and Kate Plus 8
I think I saw something on this family a few years ago. I thought they were pretty cool because the dad is half-Korean and the mom is caucasian. I always think families like this are really neat because it makes me think that could be what my future children look like. (Assuming I don't marry an Asian person.) Back to the point, this show is so cute. The kids are adorable (when they aren't having complete meltdowns) and the parents seem like normal regular people. It's nice to see regular people on tv, who get mad over regular things.
American Idol
I have watched bits and pieces of this show in the past, but this year I'm trying to commit myself to watching it all the way through.
Law and Order
Law and Order: SVU
Ok, so this is a guilty pleasure because it's such a crazy show. Both of them. But I do love watching them and all the little twists to the plot. And it's one of the non-reality shows that's on these days.
How sad is it that virtually all of the television that I watch is reality based. Seriously writers? I'm being forced to watch crazy shows! I really miss my Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The Office, Desperate Housewives, and pretty soon Brothers & Sisters is no more. Plus, New York found love, so it doesn't look like there's going to be an I Love New York 3! Booo
Well I always have facebook...

No comments:
Post a Comment