Potty Training the Boys
The boys are finally using the potties; Kate takes Collin and Leah for an eye appointment.
~*~
The boys are finally using the potties; Kate takes Collin and Leah for an eye appointment.
~*~
They are finally potty training the boys!! No more diapers! I'm not a parent and even *I* could appreciate not having to change someone else's business.
It's 7:30 in the morning and Jon's trying to rush to work while all the kids are running around the house. Somehow he manages to get himself ready and get the boys on the potties.
I'm not sure where Kate is at this point, but the kids were up and demanding a hug and a kiss before Jon leaves for work. Kate admits that she's not a morning person. With 8 kids, I can figure I wouldn't want to be a morning person, either!
Kate's trying to get breakfast ready for all the kids so she can get Collin and Leah ready for their eye appointment. Leah's got a regular check-up and Collin has a droopy eye lid.
We take a break from breakfast to see the boys sitting on the potty. Poor Collin's been on the potty for at least 30 minutes. I guess if he didn't have to go, then he didn't have to go! Aaden took to the potty right away and got an entire mini m&m. Woah! An entire mini m&m. How will they function with that sugar high?
The rest of the kids are being sent to Aunt Jodi's house for the morning. No one seems to want to be at Aunt Jodi's, but since there's an appointment coming up, there's no time to fool around. Potties in tow, they all get into the van.
On the way to the doctor, Collin and Leah don't really understand that they are the only kids with Mommy. But in the car, they had quite the conversation with Kate, though. It was so cute to hear what they had to say and not have anyone interrupt them.
Leah was super proud of herself when she got all the shapes in her eye test right. Collin didn't feel like cooperating and insisted on not answering any of the questions. Kate then tells us that the family eye doctor is a good doctor and very thorough. Well I should hope so. If he was a terrible doctor for their kids, I would think that they'd find a new guy!
Apparently this doctor was a little *too* thorough because Kate tried to prod him along.
The drops that got put into Leah's eyes make her blink kind of funny. Personally, I think she's just so adorable. I secretly think that I looked like Leah when I was teeny. Collin gets examined and doesn't seemed too phased by the fact that a bright light is being shined into his eyes.
But after looked at both of the kids, he pronounces them good and doesn't think that he's going to need to see them for awhile.
All the kids had a blast playing at Aunt Jodi's house. Aunt Jodi mentioned to Kate earlier in the year that she'd watch the kids once a week. But to Aunt Jodi's surprise, the boys brought potties this time. So the entire morning was spent with Joel and Aaden running into the potty and then asking for candy corn. It was cute to see them excited about getting their reward.
Mady played so nicely with her little cousin Benny. Their relationship is just very adorable. I'm glad that she found someone to play with.
Joel was so cute playing make believe with Aunt Jodi. He found out that she liked coffee, so he kept making her new pots of coffee. She's an awesome aunt. Every single time he brought her coffee, she would scarf it down and declare it delicious!
Back at home, Leah and Collin had lunch and played together. Before they knew it, all the kids were back from Aunt Jodi's, just in time for a nap! No one seemed to want to go to nap, but Mommy insisted because she had things to do. But before they went for a nap, the boys had to sit on the potty.
Once again, Collin was unable to pee in the plastic potty in his room. So Kate got upset that he didn't do it on demand, so she made him sit on the potty until he went. She even left the poor guy sitting on the potty in the dark. Perhaps it's the camera in his face that's causing the stage fright.
We end the show not knowing if he went potty or is still sitting there waiting for something to come out.
SassySarah's Review: Collin and Leah are *so* adorable. I can't get enough of them. This is an older episode, before Kate has become her current self. Due to the adorableness of the kids, the rating is higher. Two thumbs up.

No comments:
Post a Comment