Tuesday, September 30, 2008

motivation

I'm in search of some motivation. Perhaps it's right around the corner. Here's hoping some shows up at my doorstep tomorrow morning.

I can't believe the test is in a week...well...at least I have a week to turn the heat up and learn. (Now if only I could stop watching tv.)

Now that I'm back from Philly, I have to say how disappointed I was with it. Here are my reasons:

1. Utilities Class: I learned more about the electric utility than I did about the oil and gas utility. I don't audit electric, I audit oil and gas.

2. Instructors: Just because your specialty isn't oil and gas, doesn't mean that you don't have to teach it. If you're going to teach, you should be well rounded and teach all types of utilities. And speak up, those of us sitting in the back had no idea what you were teaching.

3. Crowne Plaza: I thought that the hotel was supposed to be really nice - you know like the Ritz and the Beverly Hilton. You know, I figured it would pass my hotel snobbery class. No dice. There was packing tape on the toilet.

4. Philly Cheesesteak: Someone sent us to Jim's Steaks for lunch. Clearly not the greatest lunch place ever. Although we did pass Condom Kingdom...which was good for a laugh!

Ok, enough with the beefs! :)

Now onto the fun stuff...

1. Trina!!! Minus the shenanigans from this trip. But it was still nice to catch up.

2. Meeting new friends: Matt and I met these 2 great people from Tulsa...I really liked them. And they were the exact same as us: from a small office, one white dude, one Korean girl, in the oil and gas utility, a senior and a staff. It was nice to hang out with them!

3. Getting out early: got home about 4 hours early...can't complain about that!

4. Trina: you can never see your best friend too many times!

Now back to 90210 and studying...in that exact order!

No comments: