Monday, September 1, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Kate's Labor Day

Kate's Labor Day
Jon and Kate show the kids the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit where they spent their first several weeks.

~*~

The family is headed to the Hershey Medical Center to show the kids where they were born and the place where they were brought home. Sounds like it has the potential to be a fun day. But I'm not sure how excited the 4 year olds are going to be about this.

Unfortunately, the episode starts with Mady showing the camera a sign where she said that the cameras were to stay out of her playroom. Kate claims that it's because the day was about her brothers and sisters, but I think she just doesn't want cameras in her life anymore.

Getting to the hospital, Kate said that as soon as she walked through the hospital doors, she recognized the smell. I can understand that...smells in hospitals are kind of gross. The first person the family met with was the PR lady who handled all of they PR while Kate was in the hospital.

The family treked into a room that was like where Kate stayed. Mady and Cara remembered a little bit of being in Kate's room. The little kids kind of looked around but didn't seem too impressed. I mean they weren't actually old enough (or born) to remember.

Next, everyone headed to the delivery room. Why they let the kids into a normally sterile room is beyond me, but they seemed happy to see where they were born. I can't believe how many people there were at her delivery. Yikes. Before leaving the room, the kids got to meet the doctor that delivered them. They were very underwhelmed by the whole situation.

The last thing to do at the hospital was to visit the NICU. The kids seemed excited to push the buttons in the elevator. Well...more excited to do that then visit with the doctor and the place where they hung out. The doctor and the nurses seemed happy to see the 6 healthy little kids comes back. That has to be an awesome feeling - to see the kids return healthy and happy. What a great reward.

I was surprised they let the family go right into the NICU. I mean the kids are not really part of a sterile environment. But hey, whatever. I'd be pissed off if a huge family traisped through while my kids were in the NICU.

Jon, Kate, Cara, and Mady made a stop at the Ronald McDonald house where they stayed for a few weeks. The girls seemed happy to see where they used to spend some time. But of course, they took time to take the photo op to give them a check. Always in the spotlight.

The last stop was at the condo where the family first became a family. It's the house they brought all the kids home to. The kids quickly ran around and demolished the place, and Jon and Kate continued to reminice. It sounds like they had good times there and liked bringing the kids back.

Throughout the remainder of the episode, Kate keeps talking about giving up control. As if we had no idea that she had to give up some stuff when she popped out 6 kids. Of course. I think you give up control if you have 1 kid.

The show ended with the family taking a picture in the same place they had one from years earlier. It must be amazing to get through 4 years with healthy kids. Because that is a blessing. I'm really hoping they don't overlook this...hopefully they don't.

One last thing - why do they keep reminicing about being a family of 4...that seriously must make the 6 kids feel terrible.

SassySarah's Review: The kids really didn't care and seemed more happy about running around. No thumbs up or down.

No comments: