Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Viewer FAQ

Viewer FAQ
For a second time, Jon and Kate answer questions from their fans.

~*~

I tried to send Jon and Kate an email a few years ago. Their inbox was flooded and they couldn't even accept my message. Bummer. But I'll watch this show to see what did get through!

Jon gets around 400 messages a day and it sounds like Kate gets an equal amount of messages. They make it seem like that's crazy high, but I think on a super busy day of work, I might get that many, too. But I wonder, are they also counting spam?

Kate says she's too busy making meals to answer any emails. She just runs in to her computer a few times a day and sees what's going on. I have to admit, I can relate. Sometimes I don't have time to respond to every email I receive. But I do at least skim them all. But the meal making? Didn't I read somewhere that they have their own personal organic chef?

Q: Why don't you play in or get filmed playing in the backyard?
A: The kids love riding bikes and playing in the front yard. But they have started going into the backyard more this year.

Q: Why do all the kids wear shoes on hotel floors?
A: I guess it depends on the hotel. If they are staying in a 5 star hotel, I guess it's okay But if they're at a Motel 6, they should wear sandals. On the other hand, Kate doesn't mind standing at a gas pump completely barefoot. She rationalizes this saying that the water will wash the dirt away. Um...hello!?!?! There's dirt in rain. And who knows what else on that pavement...motor oil, spit, urine, who knows! And I don't think that 5 star hotels steam clean their carpets after every guest. So yes, even I, wear sandals in the fancy hotels.

Q: Why do you let the kids hit each other in the head all the time?
A: It's sibling rivalry between kids that are the same age vying for the same toy. That's great, guys. But that doesn't really excuse hitting now does it? Or did they learn it from their mom giving their dad *love* taps? And why aren't they watching the kids to make sure they aren't hitting each other?

Q: When did you know Aaden needed glasses? Is he near-sided or far-sided? etc.
A: They maintain that he doesn't ever get teased because he's so cute! But he's not in school yet, where the real teasing occurs. Poor kid, unfortunately I think he might get teased for a lot more than his glasses. Since he's a premie, he has a greater risk of having eye problems. And the parents blather on about whether he's near-sided or far-sided. They pretty much have no idea what's wrong with their son. And Aaden *hates* wearing his glasses so they have to remind him to put them on.

Jon interrupted Kate's explanation and she berates him for interruping. He then hesistates to answer when she asks him a questions.

Q: How do you find so many fun activities for your family?
A: Jon just thinks of things he did that he wants his kids to do. Kate wants her kids to have life experiences. They keep the kids on a schedule and don't like to deviate from it, even when they are out and about. Unless of course, it's free.

Q: Is Mady like Kate and Cara like Jon?
A: Kate thinks she's nothing like Mady because she wasn't like that as a child. She also doesn't want to tag her kids to be like one of their parents. Cara is like Jon, in that she's definitely athletic. But she's organized, unlike Jon. Mady is super dramatic, much like Kate. They definitely agree that the kids are a mixture of both Jon and Kate. That's the politically correct answer, Mom and Dad.

Q: Do you get these trips and stuff for free?
A: Here we go...on these trips, the resort invites them. So the family gets the trip and the resort gets the publicity. Of course, they are super grateful and happy to have these trips available to them. Oh, they haven't gone to Hawaii yet. Because after that trip, Kate turned into a money hungry, freebie demanded monster.

Q: How do you suggest that the fans deal with picky eaters?
A: Kids will eat when they are hungry. So unless they are malnurished, it's fine. I actually agree with this. My mom never made us whatever we wanted. We ate what she made us.

Q: Do the twins have favorites?
A: They love everyone the same. But on different days, they bond with a different tup. That makes sense. That's just life.

Q: What are your plans for moving?
A: Stay tuned. The McMansion hasn't been purchased yet. But they need more space. So the logical thing would be to go from 2300 sq feet to 5000 sq feet.

Q: What do you feed sick kids?
A: They eat the BRATT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Tea, Toast). And I thought it was a healthy serving of strip down to your undies and lay on the cold laundry room floor.

Q: How long are the cameras going to be around?
A: Footage of the kids telling the cameras to go away. Jon and Kate say they will keep assessing and to see if it's still normal and feels okay for them. Obviously it's not feeling normal by the end of Season 4 when Jon clearly wants to quit and Kate insists this is what she was meant to do. Of course she also doesn't consider that the kids may want to grow up without a camera in their face.

Q: Do you think that having the cameras around has made you a stronger family?
A: Yes, they are stronger and learned valuable lessons. What those are, we haven't seen yet.

Q: Fact or fiction: Jon and Kate are inked.
A: Fact. Kate has 1.5 tats and Jon has 4. She doesn't condone them anymore. Kate has an olive branch that used to be a rose but couldn't be salvaged during her free tummy tuck. And has Winnie the Pooh (?) on her left ankle. Jon has a Korean flag, *strange* letters, a yin yang, and a sun. He doesn't agree with what they stand for now. And Kate maintains we shouldn't let someone "color" on us. Thanks.

Q: Who watches the kids during interviews?
A: The kids are playing around with Jenny. Who I think has mysteriously disappeared since.

Q: How do you keep the romance alive?
A: They are the only people, besides God, who understand each other. So that's the glue that holds them together. Never mind the fact that the child support that Jon would have to pay is astronomical and it's cheaper for him to endure the bickering than leave.

The End.

SassySarah's Review: We didn't learn *anything* about them. No thumbs up or down.

No comments: