Monday, March 31, 2008

Pittsburgh

So we got back from a weekend in Pittsburgh last night. And it was so much fun!!

We left on Friday night a little bit later than we had wanted, so we didn't get to Mike and Emily's until about 11. Since we were tired from working all day and the trip down (even though I took a little snooze!), we all decided to have a pajama party and play Rock Band, instead of going out. It was definitely fun, as Emily and I drank some chocolae martinis and rocked out. Although, Mike and Em's neighbor's didn't think it was so fun when we were shaking the entire building at 2am.

Saturday we got up and went to Eat'n'Park. And I don't know if I'll ever go again. We all sat down and ordered our food. The next thing I know, this older woman and her daughter (who wasn't very young either) were walking by our table covered in this brown stuff. After they had passed, Mike told us that the older woman just stopped right by our table and puked. She did it right after this guy at the booth next to us got his food. He didn't even eat it. It was terribly gross. Mike and Emily could barely eat. We left soon after that. And I know they won't ever go to Eat'n'Park again. Too bad - looked like it was a cool place.

When we got back to the apartment, Mr. and Mrs. D were there. We unloaded all of their stuff and headed out to get some snacks for that night. The grocery stores in Pittsburgh are different than in Buffalo - they just don't feel like they are as nice. When we got back, we played some more Rock Band, and made some snacks.

Mr. and Mrs. D had a chili throwdown this weekend. They both made chili and I have to say - they were both awesome. One was healthier, with ground turkey, but they were both really tasty. Seriously. They were both good. And I don't think I need to be politically correct on my own blog!

After dinner, we all went to see Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. The play was so cute and the kids did such a good job. Especially considering they were all in 7th or 8th grade. Mike and Em's song at the end was awesome too - I liked it! There was this little kid that sat behind us who was the cutest thing ever. He would ask the cutest questions - "Do you think they can hear us? What are those swimming pool things doing up there? (they used pool noodles as props) Where are those bubbles coming from? (again, props) Maybe this means I'm out of my "I hate kids" phase...

Saturday night was so much fun. We went to this bar, SingSing. It was awesome! I would totally recommend it to anyone! The piano players there are so incredibly talented and super funny. It's definitely adult humor and was a little awkward with parents there, but crazy amounts of fun. I am looking forward to visiting again and going there!!

We got up and went to church on Sunday and well, it was the hottest mass EVER. I was wearing a tshirt and I thought I was going to pass out from the heat. I didn't think I was in hell - lol.

It was a good time this weekend. I really enjoyed getting away for awhile. I am definitely looking forward to visiting again!

No comments: