I love my family. (despite the usual and very normal aggrevations)
Lately, I have come across a lot of people who seem to not understand why I don't just pick up and leave them behind. I had a discussion about moving away with a co-worker today and he didn't understand my point of view at all.
I have never lived in a city other than Buffalo since I was adopted at 5 months old. I like that my family is close by. Whenever I need something, they are always there. Sometimes, I just want to hang out with my mom and dad. I've always had that and I really can't imagine not having them close by.
My co-worker lives in Minneapolis and his parents live in Seattle. I think he sees them about once a year - at most. That is just not acceptable to me. I can't even imagine that.
This is not to say I never thought about moving away. But, my family would definitely be a factor in the decision. And people just don't get that.
~*~
Mrs. K - you will be missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment