I hate my current client. And it's really because of 2 people. Everyone else is super nice. Everyone except these 2 people.
We'll call them person A and person B.
Person A was someone who I worked with previously. Orginially, everyone hated working for this person, but then, this person got better. For a short period of time, we got along nicely. I had no issues and life was hunky dory. This person then left the company to work for the current client. And this person is a huge pain in the ass. Serious pain in the ass.Let's take this past Saturday for example. A told me I had to work the weekend. I was not excited about it. Since I had to pick up Paul at the airport, we made a deal. I would come in around 8:30 and stay until 2:30. I'd then work on Sunday. On Friday before I left, I emailed A saying to leave me a list of things to do when I got in. I got in on Saturday around 9 and, alas, no list. A didn't show their face until 11:30. Thank goodness I had something to do until A got here, otherwise it would have been a complete waste of my time. A then ordered lunch and forgot to include me in the order. How considerate. A then got upset when I announced that I needed to leave at 2:30 to pick up Paul. Well that was the deal...I got here 2 hours before, I shouldn't have to stay later because A didn't get in. A then told me Sunday was up in the air and said I would get a call on Saturday night to see if I should come in. I never got a call. I never went in. I guess it just seems a bit inconsiderate to me.
Person B is the bossiest person that I have ever met. And I don't know how much longer I can take this. I know there's a lot to do, but calling to check in on me every hour isn't very productive. For any of the parties involved. B doesn't seem to get it. B also has no accounting experience and doesn't seem to understand that I don't work for B, I work for A (unfortunately). So, B can't boss me around, but seems to like to do it anyway. Thankfully, everyone else seems to be upset by B too. So I don't seem like a huge bitch.
B doesn't understand that this one project is part of an overall project. So, while this is going on, there are other things. And since I've been brought in to help, there are other responsibilities that I do have. B doesn't get this. B is driving me out of my mind.
Clearly the combo of A and B is fixing to make me a complete mess. I hate hate hate this. I hate feeling like this. I hate working for them. I hate coming to work every day. This isn't me either. I'm not like this always. So clearly I have some issues to work through. Perhaps when I get off this client. Or when I find a new job. Whichever comes first.

No comments:
Post a Comment