Well it means that this past weekend, we went to another wedding!
Congratulations Ben and Jess!
The wedding was in Ithaca, NY. It is so pretty out in the Finger Lakes area. The reception was held at a winery that was overlooking Seneca Lake. What a beautiful place to have it! The lake looked amazing and the weather was warm so we could go outside and enjoy it.
Isn't that view awesome?
Here we are - very excited that it's OUR LAST WEDDING for the year!!!
It's hard to believe that we are done with weddings...until May! But that is totally ok with me. I am completely and totally wedding'd out. It's not that I'm not happy for all of our friends, but how many weddings can a person attend before they feel like they are going completely insane? But now that we're done with weddings...there are only 2 questions: Are my feet going to feel bored on Saturday night now that they won't be dancing constantly? What am I going to do with all of my extra money and time?
Sunday I went to Letchworth Art and Craft show with Paul's family. He had to work (let's not even start with that one), so I decided to still go with them. I thought it might be awkward, but it wasn't at all! The ride there was with Emily and she's so nice. I've never really had the chance to really just hang out and talk to her. Whenever she's in town, there's always a bunch of people around, so it was awesome to just be able to hang out for a bit. The best part of the drive there was when I, oh yeah, hit the minivan. And I didn't just tap it, I slammed into the back of it! I was digging in my purse looking for money while Emily was trying to make me take her money. I thought that my foot was all the way on the brake, but apparently I was still coasting. The next thing I know, CRASH, into the van. We were completely silent for a minute, and then Emily burst out laughing. Jon jumped out of the van, told me there was no damage, and got back in. Emily and I laughed for about 20 more minutes. Thank goodness there was no damage and no one was hurt. That would have been awful. But since we're all ok, it might be the most hilarious thing. Especially because Paul is always encouraging me to give the van a tap because "it's just the van."
Now I'm back to studying. The test is in 2 days and the material is either something I know and consistently get correct, or it's something I have no idea and guessing isn't going so well. I guess I should get back to it.
But first, I am not looking forward to this week for a variety of reasons:
1. I have to take Regulation in 2 days
2. I have a lot of studying ahead of me still
3. I have done virtually no work while on vacation, even though I promised myself that I would
4. I have to go to 3 happy hours this week on Wednesday (IAD), Thursday (Accounting and Tax), and Friday (New Hires). While normally I'd find this fun - can my liver really handle all this drinking? And do I even want to?
5. Paul is leaving on Friday for San Antonio and I won't see him for a week :(
6. I have to go back to work on Thursday. And I was really getting used to watching daytime television - I have quite a tv schedule going on!
Ok, back to studying taxation of corporations and legal stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment