I just returned from B's bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Oy...was it an adventure. Or something.
Based upon the actions of many of the girls at the shower and what I know of them in real life, I decided that instead of spending the entire week in Vegas, it would be best if I just came for a few days. So the plan was that I flew out mid-day Thursday and returned Saturday afternoon. It might have been my best idea yet!
The few days that I was there was filled with lots of drama, heartbreak, and a life that I just can't even fathom. I did have a fun time and I know that B was very happy that I went.
Thankfully, I was able to get a standby flight and come home a few hours earlier. Part of the problem when you go somewhere with large group of people without specific plans is that everyone spends all the time talking about what to do instead of actually doing it. So on the last day, I could see how this was going no where, fast. And I made the decision to just get home. I'm sure I'm one of the only people in the world who leave Vegas early and in a hurry!
Unfortunately, I didn't really get to *see* Vegas. I went from the airport to the hotel. Walked from the doors of the Mirage into my room. From the Mirage, the next day, we took a quick cab ride to a pool party at the MGM. I didn't really see any of the MGM. We caught the tail end of the Bellagio show on our way home from the pool and then I went back to the room and went to bed. I got up the next morning, grabbed some breakfast in the lobby, and headed out. I'm hoping we can head back sometime so I can play a little slots, see some hotels, and do some shopping.
The only picture I got of the Mirage. Actually this might have been the only time I was outside the Mirage!
This is Bill. He serenaded us during dinner. He's actually from Buffalo and when he found out we were all from there too, he was just so adorable.
It's not Jesus or the Virgin Mary, but I found this smile face in my breakfast potatoes.

No comments:
Post a Comment