I lived in Buffalo from the time my parents brought me home until I was 28 years old. For 28 years, I absolutely loved the city I grew up in. From the Bills and Sabres to Lake Erie to being close to family and friends, I could never imagine being anywhere else in the world.
Then the summer of 2009 hit.
We experienced the best, worst, and saddest parts of life. We got engaged, said good-bye to my beloved grandmother, and both lost our jobs. This led to us leading separate, but engaged, lives in Buffalo and Boulder, CO.
Summer 2009 was one of the most trying times in our lives.
Unfortunately, we spent the majority of 2010 separated by jobs and distance but we made it through with Skype, emails, some difficult (and tearful) conversations, love, and frequent cross-country flights. Despite living many months with our lives in flux, we were elated to finally have a place to call home: Long Island, NY.
Now, almost 2 years later, we find ourselves in a similar situation. The unknown in our lives is looming large and despite our best efforts to keep calm and laid-back through this process, it's getting a bit old. It seems like our lives are just always in flux. And I never know if I'll be living in the same place a year from now.
There are 3 places where the company we work for is considering. There are so many pros and cons to all of the choices. And being part of the decision making process has me able to get on-board with any of the locations professionally.
Personally, I'd like this to be sorted quickly because I'd like to know if I need to clear out the attic and start packing or if I can start decorating our apartment with a kitchen cart, new comfy couch, an a large table/desk thing for all my crafts. (I am currently in *love* with the prices at Ikea!)
I'm hopeful we will know where we can hang our hats in the next few weeks. (Although the Boss has assured me it will be "only another few more weeks" for the last 6 months!)
Thanks to a very meaningful and productive talk with Paul this weekend, we decided that no matter where we live, we'll make the best of it, and forge the new adventure together.
So with that...bring it on life. We're ready for whatever is in store. Because life is about the adventure. And we can't wait to see what's next.


1 comment:
I love Ikea's stuff too. :)
That is hard to be in "limbo" and not know what lies ahead or where you will live. Just have Faith that where ever you end up God wishes to see you happy and prosper.
Post a Comment