Thankfully I'm out of my funk! The weekend was awesome so I think that helped out immensely! I took bunches of pictures, so I can share them all! :)
I started the weekend off with a pedicure. Having your feet pampered and then look pretty is never a bad thing! I wanted to get one for B and G's wedding on Friday and knew that this would be the last chance I got to get one. So I relaxed and enjoyed a good foot scrubbing!
Saturday afternoon I headed to a bridal shower for my co-worker Ted and his fiancee Daphnee. They are such sweet people and I was so happy to meet their friends and family. The Hubster was supposed to come with me, but was detained at work all day, so I went alone. I don't know why I didn't take any shower pictures, but it was fun. The awkward moment came during present opening. Everyone was giving Daphnee lingerie. I don't know her and didn't know that's what we were supposed to be giving her. So we got them a Keurig. Which is an awesome gift. I love ours, but it just felt sort of out of place. Oh well. Ted told me this morning that he loves it. The Keurig. haha
Then I headed to my most favorite place in the world, Target. Seriously. Who doesn't love Target? And I couldn't choose between these two adorable bags. So I bought them both! I'm using the tan one as a purse. It's so cute and summery. It also fits everything I could ever need. And the other bag I'm going to use as an overnight bag. I love buying tote bags. Who are we kidding? I like buying everything! hehe
Sunday, we got up and headed to Greenport, Long Island. It's such an awesome town and one of my favorite places to go. They were having a Tall Ships weekend, so we headed over there to see them. The Hubster loves these things. He's currently making a model of the the Bounty (above), so he was interested to see how everything is put together so he can replicate it...in miniature. I don't have the patience for this, but he loves it. I just had fun seeing the ships and eating the street food!
It was fun to be able to get on the ships and walk around them. It's amazing when you think about people actually being on them in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I was disappointed when I learned most of these ships are replicas. For some reason I thought they restored the originals.
Of course my all-time favorite restaurant in Greenport is called Bruce's Cheese Emporium. So we stopped in there. I got a cheese plate with goat cheese and cheddar. The goat cheese on the bread was so delicious. I was in heaven.
As much as I love cheese, the Hubser loves him some seafood. For $10, he got a beer and 15 clams. We happily ate our snacks together!
We ended our Saturday adventure with a trip to watch the sunset in the Hamptons. We've never been, so we checked it out. It's exactly what you would think...miles and miles of beach homes that are so exclusive and expensive. I don't think I'd ever want to be there. It's just rich people packed on top of one another. But the beach is awesome. The sunset was gorgeous and I could stay on that beach all day!
Yesterday we went to work for the morning and then headed to brunch. While at brunch, I found this:
MY MOST FAVORITE ONLINE PAPER COMPANY IS OPENING A STORE 15 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!
I *LOVE* Paper Source. Their website is amazing and I could spent hours browsing the various papers and gifts they have. Now I'll have my very own store! So so so so excting! I might love this store as much as Target. Maybe. If they had purses and shoes...I'd love it the same. haha
This week is proving to be crazy already. We're heading to B and G's wedding tomorrow afternoon, so not much blogging from me until after then. Although I'm sure I'll have a LOT to blog about when we get back! :)

1 comment:
What a great weekend! I will have to check out that Paper source website.
Post a Comment