Saturday, December 31, 2011
2011
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I stood up for myself and left a job I hated for the unknown of a start-up company.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think so. I tried to do good and be the best that I was able.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes! It was a baby boom!! Janice had Jacob (very dramatically) in February. Jen had Jacob in March. Alayne had Lucy, Sunshine had Scout, Maureen had Lydia, and Megan had Connor in August. Karina had Elise in October.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We were very lucky to not lose anyone in our lives this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
We stayed in the US all year. :(
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A better nest egg
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There hasn't been anything that earth or ground breaking that happened this year. It was just a regular year with us working hard and trying to make the best out of life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving an entire year on Long Island!!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting the house get the better of us.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was in the ER in the summer for some kind of mystery stomach illness. It was narrowed down to either a colon obstruction or a ruptured cyst.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My adding machine. It's dorky and I love it!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Sister-in-Law. Despite having a miscarriage and various other serious health problems, she is always upbeat and happy. I love her to death and can't wait to celebrate a new year with her. Hopefully one full of health and happiness.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone very near and dear to me is having a very hard time with the fact that I don't live in Buffalo anymore. And that when I come back home, there are multiple families and friends to visit. I'm hoping that 2012 will bring a bigger change, but based upon the past and recent actions, I don't see that happening.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Long Island
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our first anniversary!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Someone Like You" by Adele My co-workers played it for 3 days straight.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with friends
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Buffalo with our family and friends...feeling so loved and happy
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm so in love with the Hubster already.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Revenge
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think hate is the correct word. Disappointed is more like it.
24. What was the best book you read?
My mother-in-law and I got each other addicted to Jodi Picoult and Kristin Hannah. We have problems because the majority of these books are sad and depressing.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Michael Buble's Christmas album
26. What did you want and get?
More QT with the Hubster
27. What did you want and not get?
Less time stressing about work
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Bridesmaids
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and spent the day with my Husband. He wisked me away to a B&B and we had a really great weekend relaxing.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing really - I wish I could have spent more time with the people I love, but it never seems to be enough!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
My style stayed about the same. I probably wore more leggings and sweats than before!
32. What kept you sane?
The Hubster
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Princess Catherine...I just love her sense of style
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare
35. Who did you miss?
My family and friends
36. Who was the best new person you met?
One of my co-workers' girlfriend. She is the sweetest girl I've ever met.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Stuck in the middle with you - the Hubster and I are in limbo again, but this time it's together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment