Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Cookies!

I love Christmas cookies.  I think it's because we really only have them once a year.

This weekend I started making mine.  Saturday night I made up gingerbread and sugar cookie dough.  All I can say about the baking is thank goodness for my Kitchen-Aid mixer.  It kneaded 7 cups of flour, twice, and didn't even bat and eyelash.  I've made these cookies so many times before and can't even begin to count how many hand mixers I've broken.  But my Kitchen-Aid was unbelievable.  I'm completely in love with it and we're now going steady! ;-) I let everything set overnight.

I started about 1pm and got everything all set.  I rolled out all the dough and started cutting out my shapes!

 At around 4:30, I was finally finished baking!


Then last night, my friend came over and we started decorating!  Amazingly it went super fast with 2 of us doing it.  Thank goodness she offered to help.  Otherwise, I'd still be sitting there decorating! lol

The reason that I made so many is for the party we're throwing at work.  Otherwise there'd be about half the amount of cookies!

I'm not done either!  I have some heath bars, Mexican wedding cakes, and meringues!  And I'm thinking of trying to make macaroons, but that might be a little too ambitious with the other amounts of projects I have going on right now.

Let me know if you're hungry - I'll mail some to you!  The Hubster and I can't eat them all!! :)

(I took the pics on my phone and they didn't turn out so great.)

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Wow those look great! And yummy! Can't believe you made so many.

I want a kitchen aid mixer!