Yikes!
12 more shopping days until Christmas!
I'm about 75% done, but yikes!!
Work has been Cuh-razy. With a capital C. I don't think I've exited this building before 8:30pm in 2 weeks.
Friday night, there was an investor holiday party (which I planned, decorated, and hosted). The party turned out to be really successful, but was just so. much. work. People who don't "host" have no idea the work that goes into parties.
Seriously. It sounds silly, but it's true. My boss was thanking people for coming and said that it was great to have everyone attend and was a great opportunity for our staff to relax a bit. Ummm.... I think *he* was the only one that relaxed. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off making sure everyone had drinks, cleaning up food off the floor so no one tripped, checking on the food, ensuring the rest of the co-workers were doing okay, and mingling with the guests. The Boss Man just schmoozed with the investors and had an automatically refilling glass. He left with the last guest, leaving me to clean up.
Don't get me wrong - it was a great party and I'm so fortunate to have a job that let's me entertain and do some accounting. But I think he lives in an alternate universe. You know, the one where I bring him his coffee, keep track of his schedule, and make his dental appointments. That one.
So for the rest of this week, I'm going to:
- finish my shopping - online shopping with overnight delivery...I love you!
- wrap the remainder of my presents - note to self: don't forget the ones hidden under your bed!
- get to the gym at least twice - this party food is a killer!
- sit on my couch and enjoy a homemade peppermint hot chocolate
I took some fun pics of my almost fully decorated house so hopefully when I plant myself on the couch at some point this week, I can get them up!

1 comment:
Wow it does sound like you've been crazy busy!
The last few things I shopped for I did online, got free shipping from Amazon and Target. :) I just still need to wrap ALL of mine. Sigh.
Post a Comment