Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven

It's hard to believe that it's been eleven years since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.  Like so many Americans, my day was filled with sadness, terror, and heartache.  I spent the day with my roommates and we all spent the evening in the college chapel, praying for peace and comfort.  I recapped that day here.

Now, so many years later, the emotions when thinking about that sunny September day are still the same.  Seeing any kind of images from that day take me back to the feeling so helpless and confused.


I went to the 9-11 Memorial last fall with my parents.  It was so moving.  Now that the plans are in place to finish it, I have a feeling that we will be visiting it again.

Today, I'd like to remember all the people who lost their lives, those who saved lives, and those who protect our freedom.  You are our heroes and we will never forget you.

No comments: