Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy 30 Years!


30 years ago today, my parents landed at JFK in New York City, and I was placed into their arms.  This picture was taken only a few minutes after they met me for the first time.

Every year my dad will tell me the same story about how they landed at JFK, ate the worst meal of their life at the Greenery, and paced the terminal just waiting for me.  And I was the last baby off the plane, but I was worth the wait.  And that I was such a sick baby, the orphanage should have never even put me on the plane.  But the moment I was in their arms was one of the best moments of their lives.  And then we all got into a taxi and headed to the hotel.  Where they didn't have a crib, so I stayed in a dresser drawer the first night.  And in the morning, we got on a plane to Buffalo, where all the family was waiting to meet me.

Since I'm not living near them this year, they can't take me out for ice cream after a special dinner.  But mom and dad did send me texts this morning.  

From Dad:  Happy Anniversary Sweetie.  30 years ago today was the happiest day of your mom's life.  You have given us nothing but joy since.  You and Dan are the best things we ever did.  Love, Dad.

From Mom:  Happy Anniversary Honey!  30 years!  Wow.  I love you and miss you.

And to make it even more happy, mom and dad sent me flowers at work!  I left them in the container so I can take them home later.

Thanks Mom and Dad for making these 30 years with you so special and happy.  I have always felt so loved and safe with you.  You are wonderful parents and I love you so much.


No comments: