Monday, August 24, 2009

Road Trip

This weekend, Paul and I packed up the car and headed south.

His cousin, Jen, got married a few weeks ago and was throwing a backyard picnic so we could all see her and her new husband, Will, and celebrate with them.

(Personally, I think it *might* have been a gift grab, but whatever.)

So instead of driving down to Akron for the day, we decided to make a weekend out of it.

Friday afternoon, we headed to Pittsburgh to hang out with Emily. Mike was busy with his school residency, so she was all alone. And, Jon decided that he wanted to hang out, too, so the 4 of us hung out.

We all met up at this fun restaurant, Sieb's, for some snacks. For whatever reason, none of us were that hungry and we only ended up picking at some nachos. They were super tasty, though. We left and headed back to the house for some relaxing. Which turned out to be pretty fun!

The boys hung out and watched some movies and Emily and I caught up on life. I've never had a sister but it was nice to have someone who feels like one already. We talked about a ton of stuff and it was really nice to spend time with her. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful person be my future sister-in-law. Hopefully after we get married, we can hang out with them more often.

Saturday proved to be a busy day. We got up and headed out for some pedicures. Since this was my first one, I was a little nervous. But man, it was oh, so good. I'm seriously hooked! My feet feel amazing and the nail polish on my feet looks awesome. Waaay better than anything I could have done. And it was fun to just relax and have someone pamper me!

Of course no trip would be complete without a run to Target where I purchased a new pair of sandals and a dress for the party. We weren't sure what the official attire would be, so just to be sure, we bought some flowy summer dresses that were on sale for $19.99. Can't beat that! As it turned out, I could have worn capris and fit right in, too.

The backyard party for Jen and Will was really...um...interesting. It was catered with a bartender, but it was definitely feeling like a backyard party. Of course the usual family stuff happened...people drinking too much, opposing political views, loud and obnoxious people. But in the end, it wasn't a bad time.

We ended the night by trying to fall asleep in the stupid SleepNumber beds at the Radisson, but those might be the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. Even more uncomfortable than the air mattress I spent Friday night on.

So Sunday morning came and I was exhausted from not really sleeping. (I spent the majority of Friday night staring at the ceiling fan and getting angry that I couldn't go to sleep.) I dragged myself out of bed and ate a piece of toast before church.

Thankfully Paul drove us home because I slept from Akron until we got about an hour away from home. And it felt super refreshing!

Of course our trip wasn't complete without a stop at a winery in Fredonia. We picked up some yummy Cherry Wine and a few other flavors and then headed back for some dinner.

All in all it was a good weekend.

No comments: