Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Employment!

I'm *finally* employed!!

After much hemming and hawing, I decided to take the job with a large local HC provider. I don't want to name my future employer in the event that they check and I jeopardize my job.

I've worked massive amounts of overtime without pay for the last 5 years.

On September 14, I'll be starting a job that does not have mandatory overtime for 4 months a year. I'll be expected to work 7.5 hours per day and the occasional 1 or 2 hours of overtime during busy times of the year.

I am going to be able to join a gym and get in shape.

I'll be able to have a hobby and perhaps take some kind of class at night.

In other words...I'm going to have a regular life.

I'm definitely apprehensive to start working in a new environment, but oh, so excited to have a job. The people seem great.

I can tell this is definitely the right decision for me.

And who knows, maybe I'll even get to make a difference in the world while I'm at it.

No comments: