Today was my last day at my current job.
Since I am no longer employed by them, I feel that it's now appropriate that I name them here.
I have a million thoughts running through my mind and an equal amount of emotions.
I firmly believe that things happen for a reason. The reason I didn't get the job before was so that I would be able to spend a lot of time with my Grandma before she passed away. And that is time that I will never be able to get back.
But what's the reason for me leaving PwC?
It's yet to be determined. I have a feeling that in a few weeks (or hopefully days), I'll know *exactly* the reason that I was let go from my job. And it'll be because I was meant to work at (insert future employer).
Are there any hard feelings? Yes. It's hard to be told that I have to leave the place of employment that I've had for the last 5 years. I've spent an extraordinary amount of time with my co-workers and given them more than just 5 years of work, I've given them 5 years of my life. And anyone that has ever worked in public accounting at a Big 4 firm knows exactly what I'm talking about.
But I am also grateful for the opportunity to work where I did. I was able to meet some amazing people and form life long friendships. I've gotten invaluable experience that no one can ever take away from me.
And furthermore, I've seen more of the country than I ever would have on my own. (I mean, seriously, I saw the Grand Canyon for free!)
So it is with mixed emotions that I say farewell to my first employer.
Cheers to 5 years. A feat not everyone accomplishes.
And cheers to me...for lasting!
Here's to the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment