I have a serious problem.I am completely addicted to watching the Olympcs on tv.
It appears as though my social life has come to a screeching halt. I have to sit in front of the tv to do work at night.
I even let my yummy corn on the cob get freezing cold because Michael Phelps was swimming and I didn't want to miss it.
Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm addicted to the Olympics.
Why do I get so excited about the Olympics, I wonder. I don't watch any of these sports during the non-Olympic years. In fact, I don't think they ever really televise swimming on a regular basis. Or if they do, it's certainly not on the regular channels that I watch.
I am really excited about going on vacation next week, but I have to admit, I don't think there's enough room on my DVR for 6 days of Olympics. Hmm...there is always Mom's DVR! ;-)
One thing that really bothers me, though, is the fact that Matt Lauer asks everyone what they think of Michael Phelps. Now I think he's an awesome swimmer and his races are so exciting. But this morning, Ryan Lochte was on for winning his 2 medals last night. How come we have to ask him about his opinion of Michael? Can't we just be happy for the fact that he won 2 medals? Let's let him celebrate that accomplishment. Because, I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty darn happy just to have 1 medal of any color!
I guess all that's left to say is: GO USA!!

No comments:
Post a Comment