Monday, August 11, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Heading South

Heading South
Jon and Kate pack up the family for a car trip to a speaking engagement.

~*~

The Gosselins are heading to the beach. Jon and Kate have some sort of speaking engagement and decided to make this their summer vacation. And since they were going to be gone for 2 weeks, they had to bring a *ton* of stuff with them. But the first obstacle? Backing the trailer into the driveway.

On the way down to North Carolina, the family decided to start looking for a house. They wanted to move to a house that was in a warmer climate so they thought they'd take advantage of this trip. But it was a futile move...they bought a $1.1m mansion in PA.

Since Kate couldn't do anything by herself, she asked Jenny to come down and help them during the week at the beach. Nice. I need to find myself someone who will travel with me and be my personal assistant.

It's time to leave and Joel isn't having a good morning. So he's crying and got put in time-out. Of course, Kate isn't happy with it and tells Joel that she doesn't want to hear him breathe. Ugh. And before they can leave, Alexis announces that she has to go potty. Good thing they waited for her!

We see the family get to the first house after about 5 hours. It's a huge place with a horse farm and the kids got to feed them. It's a large open house with a huge kitchen. Oh I would die to have that kind of kitchen. Plus there's a horse barn that has an apartment in it. So Kate decided that the crew could stay there. Um, that's kind of weird. Right?

The next stop was to head to some open land. It was a ton of trees and woods. There wasn't anything to see and I don't know that I would want to live somewhere that secluded. And then the van got stuck. Which wasn't so much fun. But thankfully Jon got them out safely and back on the road.

After a long day on the road, they finally got to their beach houses. The backing into the driveway wasn't successful. Jon lost his cool and Kate just stood outside and pretended to direct him. But they finally got in and started to explore the house.

The house was gorgeous and just what I seriously want to rent when I go on vacation. Oh man...one day I'll get on a nice vaca!! The boys got to sleep in this fun room with bunk beds. It looked like a boys room. Hannah and Leah got a room with single beds. Cara and Mady got their own room. And of course, Jon and Kate had the master suite. But poor Alexis didn't really have a home. So Kate told Jenny that she'd be bunking (and sharing a bed) with Alexis. Which was fine, but if I were Jenny, I don't know that I want to be sharing a bed with one of the kids. Can't the poor girl even sleep in peace? I guess not.

SassySarah's Review: A rather boring episode with not much going on. No thumbs up or down.

No comments: