Thursday, October 18, 2012

Book Review: 50 Shades Trilogy


So I thought that since I'm an avid reader, it might be fun to start reviewing some books that I've either read or will read.  Maybe I should make this a weekly item.

My first review is the 50 Shades Trilogy by E.L. James.

I had resisted reading these books for a very long time.  I didn't see the need to read them.  But then my sweet friend Erin convinced me to be in her book club.  And what do you know, they're reading the 50 Shades Trilogy.  Except they're all on the last book.  So I figured since I was going to be on the beach for a week, I might as well read them.

These books were very easy reading and I easily finished them while we were gone.  The story moved quickly and there wasn't a lot of dull boring background in it like some books.

The books are about this girl, Anastasia Steele, who by chance meets this wealthy, self-made billionaire, Christian Grey.  They flirt for about 5 minutes before he asks her to become his sub.missive.  (I'm writing this weirdly because I don't want weirdos flocking to my blog.)  She kind of resists and they embark on this whirlwind relationship.

He spoils her rotten with clothes, computers, jewelry, and trips.  And she tries to break through and find out why he's so damaged.  Throw in a few death threats and you've got yourself pretty much any girl's fantasty.  (Minus the wh.ips and chains...)

I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars.  It was good, but I thought that some of the s.ex parts were a little bit over the top.  I mean I totally understand what the author was going for, but to be completely honest, I don't know any person that could do that.  I just don't know if it's feasible.  But hey, it's a book, and it's entertaining.

I think my next book is going to be Night Road by Kristin Hannah.

No comments: