Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Patron Saint

I am so excited - Melissa at Make Sense of this Spence tagged me to do a meme!! For a very long time, I didn't think that anyone ever read my blog so it makes me happy to have someone read it! And she's a pretty fun lady with some adorable kids.

Here are the rules:
"Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed,
your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established,
all that is required is to select that of which
Holy Mother Church will name you Patron(ess) of.


For this meme, you must name your patronage
and then tag 5 other people who would like to play along.

Linking your answer to your nominator's post
would make it easier to get your answers."


I would like to be Sarah, Patroness Saint of Shopping.

I know that sounds silly - but hear me out for a minute.

Yes, I love shopping. Even better I love a good deal. But I do love buying for others. Christmas is one of my most favorite times of the year because I can spoil the people I love with gifts that I think they will love. And even more, I love adopting a family and buying loads of gifts for people who otherwise can't afford it.

So my sainthood of shopping would go toward things like shopping for a food bank, re-stocking the church "neighbors" with clothes and shoes, sending shoes and water to kids in Africa who don't have any, etc.

I can't tag anyone to do this because I don't think anyone else reads my blog. :-/ So if you're out there lurking, leave a comment so I know you're reading! :)

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

That's a wonderful idea for a patroness saint!