Monday, February 9, 2009

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Walk in the Woods

Walk in the Woods
While Kate is away, Jon takes the sextuplets for their second walk through the woods. After the walk turns out to be a bad idea, Jon hopes a tractor ride will save the day.

~*~

Can a tractor ride save this train wreck? We shall see.

We see all the kids running through the house and there was no furniture. Jon says it's because they haven't decided how they want to decorate. But me thinks it's because their free stuff hasn't arrived yet.

Kate was gone for this episode (phew - now how do we get her not to narrate the eps she's gone for?) and was in New York for a few days. While she was gone, Jon decided to take the kids into the woods for a fun adventure.

Since the family's not yet unpacked, Jon's searching through boxes to find jackets for the kids to wear outside. Poor guy had to dig through cartons and cartons of clothes. I am impressed that he knows exactly what size each kid is wearing, though. I don't think my dad ever knew what size I wore. And honestly, I think he only guesses what size he is now.

Before they headed outside, Leah decided that going outside is boring and she really doesn't want to go. But because Jon's alone doing this, he can't leave a kid inside by herself. I'm glad he realizes this and didn't leave someone alone.

Once everyone got outside, the kids quickly found a stick and claimed it as their own. They all seemed super cute using their walking sticks together. Their first adventure was to find a cat that lives in one of their buildings. One of their buildings. Oh. That just seems crazy. When they spotted the cat, all the kids got excited and started calling the cat over. Jon went inside to find it and said that when he looked back, there were 6 4-year olds with sticks calling for a cat. Too funny.

Now that we've seen the cat, it's time to head into the woods. Some of the kids seem to be having a fun time, but there are a bunch of them crying and not having fun at all. After hiking for miles and miles, the kids started melting down and scare some deer away. Jon convinces them to sit down on a log quietly so he can take a picture of the deer for them. Unfortunately, all the crying scared nature away, so Jon decided it was time to go home.

After what I'm sure felt like an hour to get back home, everyone stopped inside to go the bathroom and then it was time for a tractor ride. Collin was first to hop on for a ride and headed up to find the rest of the kids. Kate thinks this is unsafe and wonders where the other kids are when Jon's giving these rides. I think it's fine as long as he's with them and he's paying attention to the other ones. It certainly seems like the tractor rides made everyone's day better.

Jon gave all the kids walkie talkies to play with in the house. And despite the fact that I think they exploited their kids to get the massive house, this is the perfect house for walkie talkies. The kids had a blast running around the house talking to each other. I always had fun doing that...even though we always seemed to lose one!

After a busy morning, it was finally lunch time. Everyone was starving from all the running around and enjoyed sitting down for a few minutes to have peanut butter and jelly.

SassySarah's Review: Kudos to Jon for taking the kids outside and making them have a good time. I don't think Kate would have done this if she were alone with the 6 kids. One thumb up.

No comments: