I love how hearing a song can bring you back in time. There's some songs on my iPod that no matter when I hear them, or how often, I am instantly transported to another time in my life. And even some songs that just make me remember a friend and smile. In case I ever forget them, I want to make sure I've written them down.
Push by Matchbox 20 - 10th grade Homecoming dance with Kevin Donohue. All I remember about him is that he was friends with Kenny Winship and I thought he was a pretty cool guy. Until I realized he was trying to date me...and 4 other people I knew!
Superman Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down - Frat Party at Geneseo during my Freshman year. I drove down to visit Kristin with Matt Nowak. I was so excited to visit my best friend and happy that I had a friend to drive with. Kristin knew of a good frat party and we embarked on our first adventure drinking. We never drank together before (yes, we were losers) and couldn't wait to have the fun college experience together. I don't remember the party and know we weren't even close to drunk...but when I hear this song, I am instantly transported to that frat house.
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney - Jamie blasting this song while she's trying to clean her room up during Junior year. I never liked this song before, but after hearing it 8 million times, it kind of grows on you!
Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC - Dan Moar playing the air guitar at SoHo.
Real World by Matchbox 20 - Justin playing it over and over and over during the NFG audit of 2006
Every Heartbeat by Amy Grant - playing in Lisa Wall's room and trying to be quiet so that Mary wouldn't know we stole her tape.
That's it for now - but I know more are coming!

No comments:
Post a Comment