Monday, May 19, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Jon and Kate's Special Day

Jon and Kate's Special Day
Jon and Kate spend a day together for themselves that includes teeth whitening and a romantic dinner for two.

~*~

Do we need to see this? I guess they deserve a special day. But teeth whitening?

Jon and Kate decided that since the kids all had a special day, it was their turn to spend the day together. The first part of their day included getting their teeth whitened. But the worst part about it? No coffee for 48 hours. Yikes! I had no idea that they were that addicted to coffee.

Aaden and Alexis were playing together being so cute with the alligator. They decided he was hungry and they were going to get him a snack!

Kate determined that she was going to get her teeth done because she refused to sit next to Jon, who was getting his teeth done first. Selfish.

They dropped the kids off with Aunt Jodi and Alexis didn't seem to happy to be without her mom and dad. Kate admitted that Alexis likes to be at home and with them. I wonder if it's because they dump her off on someone so often.

Arriving at the dentist office, the duo settle into the chairs. After seeing what they do to your mouth, I don't think that this is for me. I'll just use the over the counter stuff. Kate proclaims that because all the stuff is in her mouth, her best quality is gone. Although her annoying moaning is still there. So because she can't talk, she decides to write down every single symptom that she had. Those poor office workers. Good thing that the teeth whitening turned out great for the pair. They seemed happy with the results.

The kids were having fun at Aunt Jodi's house. They were pretending to be different animals and crawling around on the floor imitating their favorite animals. But Hannah decided that she didn't want to play with everyone else, so she sat in the basement and built on the legos. Kate agreed that the kids seem to like being by themselves. Which I think is probably normal for most kids.

Jon and Kate are continuing their special day by going out to dinner without the kids. But before they can leave for dinner, they have Brittney come over and get the kids ready for the night. Of course, Kate freaked out when the house wasn't sparkly clean and Jon went off to iron his shirt. She then got super upset that she wasn't getting ready and Jon was getting himself ready. This lady really needs to relax a bit.

As Jon and Kate were about to get ready to go, Leah got super upset and apparently is able to make herself throw up. Mady thinks it's super funny. Jon and Kate are laughing this off, but I don't think that this is something we should be laughing about. This is a problem that probably should be addressed. But the parents of the year don't seem to be too concerned.

Before they could get out of the door, Kate and Jon tell Brittany how to take care of the kids. Jon went through the whole spiel, but Kate seemed to think he wasn't competent enough to tell her. Whatever.

The couple went to a restaurant called Gibraltar, which serves organic food. Kate finds it romantic that they ordered the meal. I haven't figured out how this is romantic. When my boyfriend orders the same meal as me, I feel sad and think I'm missing out on trying something else. lol

Thankfully the kids seem to be cooperating and getting ready for bed. They seem to be having fun playing around and doing regular kid stuff. It's kind of sad that we only seem them having random kid fun when they're without their mom, who seems to control everything else they do. It was cute to see Aaden fight going to bed by saying that they don't have to go to bed. I love that all kids say that. When I babysat, all kids would say that same thing to me. Too funny.

Jon and Kate's dinner seemed to end on a good note. They even got a complimentary dessert.

SassySarah's Review: I don't really care what the hell Jon and Kate do together. I thought this show was about their family. One thumb down.

No comments: