Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Household Chores

Household Chores
Kate creates a "Ways to Help Mommy" chart to show how each member of the family can help around the house.

~*~

Because there are *so* many kids in the house, Kate decides to take advantage of her litter and put them to work.

Every morning Jon gets up, feeds the kids, gets Cara and Mady ready for school, and starts cleaning up. I think Kate's usually in bed during this.

So to help her get all the daily chores done, Kate created a chore chart for the kids to help. She immediately puts them to work and we see Leah and Hannah fight over a raisin on the floor.

Next, the kids are to start making their beds. This clearly turns into throw everything off the bed onto the floor and waiting for Daddy to put everything back on. Collin and Joel start cleaning up the toys. And as soon as they have a puzzle put away, Alexis starts to break it all out again.

I'm the only person that lives in my house, but I swear, every time I put something away, my boyfriend messes it up again! I'm on the verge of giving up.

Queen Kate sat herself on a kitchen chair and barked orders at her subjects. So *that's* why she popped out 8 kids.

(We're 10 minutes into this episode and I'm already trying to stay awake.)

Jon tries to get the kids to clean up their room and it turns into the kids jumping on the beds and playing with their toys.

Mady and Cara get home from school and are thrust into this cleaning chaos. Mady declares she's not performing chores. She's better at making the rules. And is looking forward to being a Mom so she can order people around. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The Gosselin family then reveals their family mission statement. Cara and Mady seem kind of interested. The little kids had no idea what the hell was going on. Kate announces that nothing is going to be more important than family. Seeing previews for upcoming shows...I think something that's made out of paper and is green seems to get to be more important than the family.

The show concludes with Jon making new recycling bins for the family so that they can keep up the charade of being a *green* and *organic* family. Kate also declared that the kids weren't slaves and their job is to be kids. So very true. But how is that being accomplished when they're bringing home the bacon?

SassySarah's Review: I barely stayed awake. How incredibly boring. Two thumbs down.

No comments: