Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Kate's Wardrobe Makeover

Kate's Wardrobe Makeover
Jon does not like the way Kate dresses, so he takes her out for some new clothes.

~*~

Since Kate's a stay-at-home mom, most of her attire is jeans and sweats. I mean, if I was chasing 8 kids around all day, I'd want to be comfortable.

Since the weather was starting to get cold, Kate started to look for ideas for the kids to get out of the house. It looks like a normal day with the kids playing around with their toys. But Kate found a place that brings a bus to your house that has a gym for tumbling inside.

The kids decide that they like walking outside in a cho-cho train formation. So adorable. What a great way for the kids to all line up.

The instructors on the bus were so nice and were great with the kids. They have an awesome thing going on. If I had little kids stuck inside during the winter, I'd so want them to come to my house. There were tons of stuff for them to do - a zip line, an obstacle course, a trampoline, a ball pit. It was great to see them all having fun and laughing. Sadly, I don't know that in the season 4 episodes any of them laugh like that.

That evening, Jon decided he was going to take the Kate shopping. Carla stopped by to hang out with the kids. But before they left, Mady and Cara got a phone call from a school friend. Kate is appalled by this behavior and doesn't think that a first-grader should be getting phone calls at night. I have to agree. That seems a bit young to be chatting on the phone at night.

Jon gets home from work and wisks Kate off to Banana Republic. He claims that she has no taste and needs help picking out outfits. Although when they get to the store, he leaves her to her own devices. Real great. He made a beeline for men's clothes and picked out a suit for himself. Kate tracks him down and insists that he pick out clothes for her. But when Jon picked out a green jacket, Kate protests. But after hanging out in the dressing room for awhile, she decides that it's okay.

Kate tells us in a couch interview that she doesn't care about fashion or shoes or what people are wearing. What a difference a year makes. In the final episodes of season 4, Kate shops for herself at Ann Taylor and declares how much fun she has shopping.

Carla and her daughter Ashley are tring to put the kids to bed, but find it hard to manage the chaos at some points. Joel starts climbing the bunk beds, Collin falls really hard on his butt, and Alexis starts sticking things into the vcr. Those poor people.

Back in the dressing room, Jon organizes Kate's outfits. He is super sweet to her and tells her how nice she looks. And then she thanks him by telling him that he doesn't know how to pick pants. But they do admit at the end that when they are alone without the kids, it's a fun time and they love being together. Well thank goodness they still like each other.

SassySarah's Review: I guess I don't really care if Jon picks out nice clothes for Kate. No thumbs either way.

No comments: