Today is Ash Wednesday. And for those of you who are Catholics, you know what this means.
It's the day we go to church, think about the fact that we're entering "the holiest time of the year," and get ashes on our forehead. It's to remind us that from dust we were created and to dust we shall return.
I don't know how I feel about this whole Ash Wednesday concept. I did go to church this evening. But I think it's because I don't ever go, and I always feel like I should start Lent out right. I am glad that I decided to go to church this evening.
~*~
I can't believe that Valentine's Day is only a week away. I can't believe that I have to buy Paul a present again. Seriously didn't I just buy him a computer monitor for Christmas? Or Rock Band for his birthday? Yikes! I do have the perfect idea for him and it will definitely make him laugh. Plus, we're actually spending a Valentine's Day together. This is our 4th Valentine's Day together and we've never spent one together! The first two were spent with me out of town and last year Paul was in the Ukraine. So this is a first for us!
I still have a beef with the whole day itself. How come Hallmark has to tell us when to celebrate our loved ones? I love Paul every day and tell him that every day. I don't need some cheesy holiday to tell me to love him. Whatever.
Despite my gripes, I am excited to spend that day with him!

No comments:
Post a Comment