Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Fun

The Hubster and I had lots of fun this weekend.

A few weeks ago, I found a Groupon for the Glen Cove Mansion.  It was a good deal - you got the room, 2 happy hour drinks, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, 3 hour bike rental, and breakfast.  Since we like all of those things, I got it for a fun getaway!

I can't believe this mansion used to be someone's house!  It was super elaborate and amazing inside.  The owners have since renovated much of it and added on the hotel portion.  So you only eat and have conferences in the main house.  The hotel part just looks like every other hotel room.

I took this picture and texted it to my mom.  I said, "We won the PowerBall and bought this new house!"  She laughed and asked when she should visit for the housewarming!

Our yummy champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!  They were all very tasty!  Unfortunately I am not feeling my best, so I only had a little sip of the champagne.  But it was delicious.  This is also the reason we didn't go on the bike ride.  That and the 90 degree temps with 90% humidity.  We figured we'd just walk around the grounds and enjoy.

Sunday, we headed to my favorite place, the mall! lol  The Hubster is interviewing for new mechanical engineers (he's hiring - let me know if you need a mechanical engineering job!).  Since we need someone that's hands on and is able to do practical applications, he found the perfect test:  Legos!  So we headed to the Lego store, which is the equivalent of the shoe department for me.

Fortunately, we were able to leave with just this kit and not half the store.  He really really wanted to buy this airplace (it was $120...) or the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house (also $120).  We passed and got ourselves pretzels and lemonade from Auntie Ann's.

I was busy too - while Paul was busy building Legos, I was finishing these stools!  One of my friends from college just had a baby girl, Emily and one of my other friends' daughter just turned one!  So I bought these two stools from Michaels.  They were bare wood, but I painted them white and then stenciled on E for Emily and L for Lydia.  They turned out so cute!  I even managed to paint them in the house without getting white and pink latex paint on the carpet or hardwood!

Lots going on this week - we're wrapping up some projects at work and then Wednesday we're driving home for the weekend!  So excited to see our family and friends.  It's already a very busy schedule for us, so hopefully I'll have some fun pics from all our adventures.

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Not feeling well...could you be expecting!? ;)

Wow what a fun getaway trip!

And those little girl stools turned out great!