I've been seeing all these super cute balloon wreaths on Pinterest and I really wanted to try one. So last night after work, I ran some errands and decided to just do it! It was perfect too. The Hubster wsa working late, so I had time to just play around with my crafts and watch tv without him distracting me!
First I hit up Michaels and bought a wreath, ribbon, and some floral pins. Unfortunately they didn't have have any balloons, which I thought was weird. So I headed over to Party City and bought 4 bags of 12" balloons.
I got comfy, cued up the DVR to an episode of Teen Mom, and started crafting!
I started by wrapping the wreath with ribbon. I figured this would help when it's finished and then you don't have to worry if a little of the ribbon shows through. I also left the plastic wrap on the wreath.
Once the wreath was all covered, I started pinning balloons in bunches of two on the wreath. I found very quickly that the floral pins were super hard to use and ended up going to straight pins that I had leftover from another project. The straight pins were super easy to push in.
It took me about 1.5 hours of working at a decent rate. It really doesn't take long to do this project at all. I was so happy with how it turned out, too!
A few things I would do different for the next one: I'd use a foam wreath. This wreath actually got kind of heavy once all the balloons were pinned to it. Also, I would use straight pins and not even try the floral pins. And I think I'll try smaller balloons. These ones seemed a little too big. But it's still cute!
When the Hubster got home, he of course decided there were other uses for the party wreath:
a stylish hat
a funny hiding place
This weekend we are cat-sitting so I think I'm going to hang this on our friends' door with a Welcome Home sign.








No comments:
Post a Comment