When I was a little girl, I never was able to imagine myself older than 28. So now that I'm 30, I can't even imagine what my 10 year old self would have thought.
So for my 30th birthday, Paul had been super secret about it. Every time I asked what we should do about it, he was really weird. So I figured he was planning something but would leave him alone about it. Turns out, he had planned a surprise party!!
The day of my party, Paul and I hung out and went car shopping. We had a fun afternoon and when we got back home, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law were there! Emily convinced me that we had to go shopping and so off I went with her. Apparently we had to be at the mall for awhile but after about 2, I was so ready to go home. Poor Em, she could tell I wanted to go home, but just kept dragging me into more and more stores. I was so confused why she insisted on trying on like 10 dresses when I just wanted to sit down and get some pizza for dinner!
Of course, when we got to my parents house, all of my friends and family were there waiting to surprise me! It was so much fun! What an incredible feeling to have all of your friends and family in the same place. I had a great time and was so surprised that everyone pulled it off!! My mom has some pictures from the party that I haven't seen yet...I'm hoping she'll send them soon!
On my actual birthday, I woke up to birthday signs and a birthday hat! Paul made me one of my favorite breakfasts - homemade eggs benedict!
On my actual birthday, I woke up to birthday signs and a birthday hat! Paul made me one of my favorite breakfasts - homemade eggs benedict!
After breakfast, we went for a drive to the beach. It was freezing cold, but we had fun walking around and hanging out.
See Buffalo in the background? Oh, how I miss my home...
The rest of the day was spent with my parents doing some fun easter stuff. We decorated eggs and enjoyed each other's company. Being that my mom's birthday is the day after mine, we celebrated her too!!
Mom's chocolate ice cream pie! It was so delicious!
Shh...mom will be mad that I posted a less than flattering picture of her with her birthday ice cream pie! hehe
Mom's chocolate ice cream pie! It was so delicious!
Shh...mom will be mad that I posted a less than flattering picture of her with her birthday ice cream pie! hehe
God has truly blessed and provided for me so many times over. When I
was just a tiny baby, He led me to the perfect family. My parents are
the most amazing people. They are kind and loving. They raised me and
my brother with love and encouragement. Everything that I am today can
be attributed to my parents. As I grew up, God provided the best
friends I could have ever imagined. They have stuck by me through thick
and thin. They have held my hands through the fun time and sadness.
And finally, God blessed me with the most amazing husband I could have
ever imagined. Paul is so special to me and I love him so much. He
loves me and I can't imagine life without him. And even better, Paul's
family has become my own, as well.
I hope that everyone feels as happy and loved on their birthday as I have.
I hope that everyone feels as happy and loved on their birthday as I have.

1 comment:
What special celebrations for your birthday. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment