Valentine's Day has to be one of my most favorite holidays. I think it's because I love the color pink and hearts and I'm a sucker for a good love story.
I think I have made Valentine's for the people in my life ever since grade school. I used to love getting the box of cards with my favorite characters on it, writing all my classmates names, and sealing them in the envelopes. And then we'd have these mailboxes on our chairs that we would deposit our envelopes into. Since I went to a K-8 school, we did this all of our years of school.
When I got to high school, I continued the tradition but only with my group of friends. I just thought it was something fun to do. And of course, in college, I would give my roommates and friends little cards.
So it made obvious sense to me to continue to the tradition when I was an adult. Every year that I've worked (and now it's reaching 8 years...yikes!), I have made my co-workers Valentine cards. Some years they came with candy and other years it was just the card.
Last year, I worked at a new job. I had only been there about 5 weeks and thought it would be nice to make Valentines and continue my annual tradition. I brought in homemade chocolates and cupcakes and the co-workers were mean to me. They said they didn't want either because "who eats this stuff" and wondered why I even bothered to do this. To say I was crushed was an understatement.
This year, I know my co-workers will appreciate my candy giving, so I thought I'd make really cute Valentine's. (The pictures below came off of my iPhone and apparently are less clear than they look on my phone.)
![]() |
| Everyone will get a fun heart box with candies and chocolates. I have some cupcakes too that I'll make tonight...hopefully I can get a better pic of them. Maybe I should get out the good camera... |
This year, the Hubster and I decided to keep it sort of low-key. So at lunch tomorrow, I'm going to run to Whole Foods to grab some steaks and something else for a yummy dinner. And we'll spend the evening, together, eating good food and and enjoying each others company.





1 comment:
How sweet are you to do that for your coworkers! I can't believe your ungrateful coworkers last year, how mean were they! Anyway, love the boxes you put your candy in and love all the letter cutouts!
Post a Comment