Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

Ok...I'm doing it.

I'm giving up pop (soda for all the non-Buffalonians!) for Lent.

This is a *very* big deal for me.

I probably drink an average of a can per day.  Some days I have none, some days I have more.

If I'm really thirsty and hot in the summer, I reach for a pop.  If I've had some wine to drink, I reach for some pop.  In all of these instances, I should be reaching for water.

I know that you can use Coke to get rust off of a car battery - I have seen the evidence.  I know that if it can be a rust remover, it's killing my organs.  There's also a ton of sugar and other bad stuff in pop.

So this Lenten Season, I am going to try my hardest to make some lifestyle changes.  And I'm starting with giving up all pop for 40 days.

On a Lenten side note, Lent is actually 46 days long.  I always thought it seemed longer than 40 days, but I think when you're craving cookies or chocolate, it just seemed longer.  I did some research and apparently the 40 days only count week days.  Despite that, I'll still sacrifice for the entire time.

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Good for you, I hope this brings you more spiritual strength! Last Lent I only drank water for the whole 46 days, that was hard! But I am so glad I did it! http://spenceohana.blogspot.com/2011/04/46-days-if-you-count-sundays.html