Happy Groundhog Day!
Today is just a funny day for me, but the Hubster takes it serious and insists on watch the movie Groundhog Day at least once. So there have been many years that I've lived in my own Groundhog Day! hehe
Last year, after one of our many road trips, we made a pit stop in Punxsutawny, PA to visit Phil. I never posted any pictures but today seems like the perfect day to do it!
Punxsy (it's official nickname) is very small. You can tour virtually the entire town in under 30 minutes...walking. But it's very cute and has really embraced the whole groundhog theme. There are statues of groundhogs everywhere. Since we wanted to make the most of our time there, of course we posed with them!
| This statue is outside of the Punxsutawny school. |
| "Handyman Groundhog" |
| Wizard Groundhog |
| Bellhop Groundhog |
| Punxsutawny Groundhog |
| The imitation Gobbler's Knob |
| Lady Liberty Groundhog |
| Fireman Groundhog |
| A more realistic looking groundhog statue. |
| We love Punxsutawny! |
| Goofing around |
| This is where the big reveal happens every year! |
| Phil's house! |
| We couldn't leave Hubster and Mike out of the fun! Can't you see their excitement? |
| After posing with every statue we could find, Hubster got a little punchy and stood by this construction cone and suggested I take a picture of him here. So I did! |
Punxsy Phil did see his shadow this morning. Bummer. 6 more weeks of winter. But I did hear that he's only about 39% accurate. And it's already been the most mild winter that I can ever remember. So 6 more weeks of this will be a piece of cake!
Happy Groundhog Day! :)

1 comment:
Great pics!
Post a Comment