My sweet and awesome father-in-law was just diagnosed with prostate cancer.
It's an aggressive form because it was not detected in the usual blood tests or physical exam. The urologist did determine that something didn't seem right, so they did a biopsy. In the 12 samples taken, only 2 came back with cancer. Which is great news.
We're waiting on some further testing this week and by next Tuesday, we should know the next steps and treatment. It sounds like it's going to be either surgery or radiation.
Thankfully, my family is so very strong and connected. I truly believe that this is going to bring us all closer and that by the end of April 2012, we will be saying sayonara to cancer.
So if you could please say an extra prayer for my father-in-law. He's an amazing man and I'm sad to think that he's got a bit of a fight ahead. But I know that he's going to come out on the other side of this better than ever.

1 comment:
Just said a prayer for him. God's grace can overcome anything!
Post a Comment