Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Hubster!!


Today is Paul's 31st birthday.  So in honor of his 31st, I though I'd post 31 things about him!

  1. He was born the same day that Ronald Reagan was inaugurated as President of the United States.
  2. He was originally supposed to be named Jeff, but his parents took one look at him after he was born and quickly realized how much he looked like his Dad.  Hence, Paul
  3. His favorite color is blue but I try my hardest to insert new colors into his wardrobe.
  4. Paul is happiest in life when he is building model trains, boats, planes, or cars.
  5. His favorite food is...FOOD!  Paul will literally anything.  Except for black licorice.
  6. Paul's the best person I know.  He always does the right thing.  And never questions it.
  7. I don't think he's ever met a person who didn't become his friend instantly.
  8. After 30 years, he finally owns more than 2 pairs of shoes!  He's got 2 pairs of dress shoes, sneakers, sandals, work shoes, work boots, and deck shoes.  While this is nothing in comparison to my insanity...I'm finally wearing him down!
  9. He is and I don't think every will be into sports.  He could care less.  Which is weird...because I think I know more about various teams, players, etc. than he does.
  10. While he pretends to know nothing about pop culture, he somehow does know and busts out his knowledge at random times to surprise me.
  11. He gives awesome foot rubs when I ask.
  12. He is double jointed in the joints in his hands.  So he can make really funny (and freaky) shapes with his fingers.
  13. In his 15 years of driving, he's owned cars 7:  Mazda MX-6, Nissan Sentra, Mazda RX-8, Toyota MR-2, Acura Integra, Acura Integra, Volkswagon R-32.
  14. 4 of those cars were bought and purchased in a 2 year period.
  15. He's also owned a boat.  We're hoping to get a boat again sometime soon.
  16. Paul is a violent sleeper.  When we first got married, it wasn't unusual for me to get an elbow to the face or an arm to the side or a kick in the leg.  He's calmed down since then, but every once in awhile it happens.  Thankfully no permanent or visible damage! lol
  17. He's an awesome cook.  While it make take him 3 hours to make dinner, it is always delicious.
  18. Paul's so levelheaded.  He rarely gets upset over anything.
  19. He drives me crazy one moment and is the sweetest person ever the next.  Is that marriage?
  20. He would be perfectly happy vacationing in the middle of nowhere camping.
  21. Because his skin is almost translucent at parts (jk), he sunburns so quickly.  In Mexico, he sunburned so badly in the part he missed putting sunscreen that his skin turned a purplish color.  He burned badly in Hawaii that when we went on a snorkeling adventure, the entire tour commented on it.  Poor Hubster.
  22. Despite his protests, I think he actually likes to watch bad tv with me.
  23. He listens to AM radio unless I insist on music instead of talking.
  24. His biggest pet peeve is eating or drinking in the car.
  25. He got Lego's for Christmas and stayed up until 3am putting the kit together.
  26. Lately his new hobby is building robots.  I'm hoping he can build one that does laundry!
  27. He knew he was going to marry me after we dated for only a year.  6 years after that, he proposed.
  28. I have never seen him look more handsome and radiating happiness as he did on our wedding day.
  29. He always offers me the first bite of his ice cream so I can try his flavor.
  30. His all-time favorite movie is Hunt For Red October.  He knows all of the words.
  31. He's the best husband I could have ever imagined!
We've got a lot of celebrating to do!  This afternoon, we're hopping on the train and heading down to Washington D.C. to have some dinner and drinks with friends and family.  Then tomorrow night we're off to Benihana for dinner with our local friends.

I bought him some fun gifts too - a Jack Lalane Juicer and 3D glasses for our tv.  We bought my brother the juicer after he talked about it non-stop for years.  After having a few tastes of fresh squeezed juices, Hubster just had to have one.  I got an awesome deal on one at Costco when I was there the other day.  He's going to love it!  And I found the 3D glasses at Best Buy.  It comes with 2 pairs so we can each watch and he's getting a couple movies to go with.  (On a side note, those movies are kind of expensive.)

Happy Birthday Hubster!  I hope all of your wishes come true!  I love you!

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Ah that was a great list. Happy birthday to your hubby. We just watched his favorite movie the other day. And my hubby got sunburned really bad when we went snorkeling in Hawaii too!

Sounds like a fun birthday weekend! And I bet he'll love what you got him.