Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...Sort Of...


80 Days Until Santa Comes!!

I'm sure this is not what most people are thinking about right now, but I am determined not to do 85% of my shopping in December. Period. When I leave my shopping to the last minute...(every year), I spend way too much and end up buying more than I needed.

So this year, I've decided to get on my shopping early.

It's not going as planned.

I've found that these days, I've been either (a) finding all this adorable and perfect stuff for the same people on my list or (b) buying myself fun presents.

Not the goal of the holiday season shopping.

So I'm desperately trying to stop buying myself cute things and focus on getting presents for my loved ones.

I do have some *awesome* ideas for the Hubster. (He doesn't read this blog so I can share away on here!!) He desperately wants a Keurig. I have been adamantly against getting one, but he wants it badly. And I found this yummy lemonade iced tea that I can make in it too. He also wants an iPad. I know it's kind of expensive, but I think it'll be a really fun present for him. And lastly, I think I might get him a Flip. We don't have a good video recorder and I think he's been looking for one.

Complicating my usual Christmas shopping is the fact that Hubster's b-day is January 20th. So I usually feel like I used up all my good ideas for Christmas instead of his birthday. But this year, one of the above items will go towards the Birthday!! I'm leaning towards either the Flip or Keurig.

One last fun thing on my list to shop for is family Christmas jammies!!! I bought the pajamas above last year and they were a huge hit! We did the Midnight Madness to get them at Old Navy and I'm contemplating doing the same again this year. So fun!

On a side note, we just found out that the Hubster's Nana is having an 80th birthday party the weekend before Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law is insisting that we celebrate with her when we're home for Thanksgiving, but I think we're going to find some cheap flights (which there are!!!) and fly in to surprise her. So excited to surprise Nana!

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

Great gift ideas. I want an iPad!

That would be a sweet surprise to fly out for her 80th birthday. We did that for my Oma when she turned 90, she was so happy we flew out and surprised her. Glad we did it.