My earliest memory is sitting in the front middle seat with my grandparents, going to meet my new baby brother at the airport. I don't really remember anything after the car ride, but I like to think that it's really nice that one of my life's first memories is of my little brother.
27 years later, it's been an amazing life ride.
Growing up, Dan and I were very close. We didn't have a lot of stuff so we played with each other and did everything together. I often remember getting upset that he got to do things when I did, even though I was older. Looking back, it was nice that I got to do all of these things with him.
When Dan got into high school, he decided he was *too cool* for the rest of us and didn't really communicate with the family. But we went to college near each other and hung out together a few times. Unfortunately, after college, we worked opposite shifts, so we didn't get to see each other as often, but we still hung out.
Now that we live in different cities, it's sad that we don't get to see each other as much, but we are still close. He's coming to visit in early November and I'm thrilled. He's never been to the Big Apple before, so I can't wait to show him around!
Happy Birthday Danny! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

No comments:
Post a Comment