Thursday, June 23, 2011

A to Z

I saw this and thought it might be fun to do!

A: Area Code
My phone is my hometown area code, but I don't live there anymore. I am rather attached to it, so I'll just always be a 716 number!

B: Bed Size
Queen. I bought a queen sized bed when I first bought my house 3 years ago! (yikes!) I think it's a good size for me and the Hubster, with room to move around a bit.

C: Chore You Hate
Laundry. I just don't like the going downstairs, loading all the clothes, separating dryer vs non-dryer, the lugging it all back upstairs, folding and then putting away. I'd much rather scrub the bathtub or empty the dishwasher!

D: Dog's Name
I desperately want a puppy!! But it just doesn't make sense for us to have a pet right now. If I did have a dog, I would want a girl and to name her Haleakala after this beautiful mountain in Hawaii. And I'd nickname her Hale (pronounced like Holly).
E: Essential "Start the Day" Item
A hot shower.
F: Favorite Color
PINK!!

G: Gold or Silver?
I like all shiny things! :)

H: Height
5'1"

I: Instruments You Play
I used to be able to plink out some tunes on the piano but haven't played a real instrument in a long time. I can still read music a little.

J: Job
I started my current job a few months ago and I love it! I'm the Controller for a start up clean energy technology company. It's also the same place that the Hubster works. So far, it's a great job!

K: Kids
No kidlets yet! Thinking we'll enjoy married life for a bit before we add to the madness.

L: Living Arrangement
Living in the upstairs of a 2 apartment house on a large island suburb on the East Coast. I can't say exactly where it is, but the Island I live on isn't Rhode Island.

M: Mom's Name
Lynn
N: Nickname
Sar, Sari, Rah-Rah

O: Overnight Hospital Stay
Negative

P: Pet Peeve
Tardiness, Rudeness

Q: Quote From A Movie
"You're killing me, Smalls." -The Sandlot
R: Righty or Lefty?
Righty

S: Siblings
I have one 'lil brother. Who's not so little anymore!
T: Time You Wake Up
On the weekdays, I'm up by 7 to get to work by 8. On the weekends, I like to sleep as long as possible!

U: Underwear:
Yes, I wear it.

V: Veggie You Dislike
Peas. I like pea soup (split pea and ham) but I hate peas.

W: Ways/Reasons You Are Late
One word: Hubster. He's the slowest moving person alive. hehe

X: X-Rays You've Had
I think I had some when I had pneumonia when I was younger. I know I've had them on my feet and knees due to my femoral-patella syndrome and the fact that my bones grew funny.

Background: When I was in 4th grade (and I remember this so vividly), I went to a skating party at school and when I took my skates off, my feet hurt. My dad took my socks off and we saw that my feet were really swollen and something was poking out of the sides of both of my feet. My dad took me home and my mom took me to the doctor right after. Well it turned out that I had fractured some bones in my feet and my growth plates. I was growing so fast that my body couldn't keep up with it. The doctor didn't think there was anything we could do about it, so he sent me home.

Due to this, my feet grew about a size every other week for a year. My mom could barely afford to buy me shoes! Since we don't think the doctors monitored me enough and my parents didn't realize that they should have insisted on it, my bones grew slanted. So if you look at my leg bones, they are all turned in about 20 degrees. We thought it was funny for awhile, but then I started having major issues with knee and hip pain. Basically the angle that bones go into my joints aren't correct, so over time, I'm wearing down cartiledge. I hope this means that I'm not heading for knee and hip replacement, but when I'm 80, I might have to consider it!

Y: Yummy Food You Make
Chicken Wing Soup

Z: Zoo Animals You Like
Penguins

1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

I thought you appeared petite :)

Love your movie quote.

I just posted this survey too!