Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!!
I thought it might be fun to post the things that I'm really loving these days!
It was really fun to be there, although we didn't see anyone from the show. One minor gripe is that their system isn't that orderly and they let more people into the bakery than really fits. So everyone pushes to the front of the line and then waits for their number to be called. Because we aren't the type of people to push in line, we had a hard time seeing all the goodies that you can buy.
We did leave with a vanilla and chocolate cake and 2 cupcakes. Which might have been the most delicious ever! I'm happy to report that it was only about $25 for the 3 things, which isn't too bad considering it's a famous bakery on tv!
I recently negotiated for this "discounted" Louis Vuitton bag on Canal Street in Chinatown. I love how big it is and that all my things can fit in - sandals, camera, umbrella, etc. Definitely one of my new favorite things for this summer!
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) there was no H&M in Buffalo, so I never got to shop there until we moved here. And perhaps this is a downfall for my wallet. But I love most of their clothes and that the prices are very reasonable. I must admit, sometimes I go in there and don't find anything that I like. And I also think that their sizes run a bit small. I went to try on a pair of jeans and I couldn't even get it over my leg...and I don't think I have giant legs! Oh well - the stuff is cute and I'm not a huge fan of the store!
The Hubster decided that we should maintain a gym membership when we moved here. He wanted us to maintain a healthy lifestyle, blah, blah, blah. So the first month we joined the gym, I think I went one time. He was clearly not happy and said "why do I even bother paying for you if you aren't going to go workout?" Well, the guilt trip worked, and I found all kinds of great classes. I'm hooked on pilates and spin!I never thought I'd like spin. I tried it a few years ago and hated it so much that I walked out on in the middle of class. So one of my friends said that she loved it and I should try to go with her one afternoon. I reluctantly went and ended up loving it. It's a crazy workout and you can can tailor the workout to your individual needs. So on days that I don't feel like killing myself and my thighs, I don't turn the resistance up as much.
One of my best friends told me that I should try these flips. They're called Havianas and even though they are a bit more expensive than the Target ones, she claimed I would fall in love. And yes, I splurged, and now I'm in love! These are really comfy! Definitely better than some of the $1 ones from the drug store! The Gap carries them now and I think that Old Navy's flip flops are now Haviana "like" and much more comfortable than they used to be. Of course, the price stops me from buying a lot of them ($18-24/pair), but I just love the ones I have.
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are just the greatest people.Jon is hilarious and so focused. He's a Marine and served 2 tours in Iraq. We're so thankful and blessed that he was able to make it home safely to us. Now that he's been out of active duty for awhile, he's finally starting to get back into the swing of civilian life. It was really hard for him to focus once he got back home, and I think many people forget that once you're out of the service, life doesn't just go back to the way it used to be. Especially if you were in combat. But by God's grace, Jon's been able to get his life together and succeed. We're so proud of him.
Emily is one of my best friends. She is one of the most kind and generous people I have ever met. I love being around her and can't wait to see her next. It makes us both sad that we can't see each other more often, but we definitely make the most of the time we have together. She has some serious baby fever, so I can't wait until I'm an auntie! And I'm going to take that job very very seriously. I know it will require lots of spoiling and hugs!
I got a Nook for Christmas and was initially a bit skeptical. (Shh...don't tell the Mr.) I love to read and love the feeling of books in my hands. I thought that a Nook would feel unnatural and ruin my desire to read. Thankfully it's just fueled it! Now I read more than ever! It's so handy to bring on trips - no more bringing 2 or 3 books in your carry-on and having it weigh a ton. And buying a book is so easy - just one click! (Which is a problem when I accidentally hit "buy now" and I didn't really want to. Oh well - now I'm very well versed in Laura Bush! lol) I highly recommend the Nook for any reader. Also, I have the original version which reminds me most of an actual book and doesn't have any problems with glare in the sun. The only downside is that you need a reading light at night, but I bought one for $5 at Target on clearance.Of course, I still go into Barnes and Noble to look around. Something about a book store that's just magical.
Yes, I am addicted to reading celebrity gossip. I subscribe to People Magazine and I secretly hope for a long line at the grocery store so I can leaf through Us Weekly, too! heheThis was really fun! I think I'm going to do a "favorite things" a lot more!

No comments:
Post a Comment