Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Clearly this post has been scheduled since I'm currently celebrating the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011 with some of my most favorite people in the world!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I got married to the love of my life on October 2, 2010

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I don't remember what mine were. But for 2011 I want to be a better person.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Kristin had an adorable baby boy, Joey.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Mrs. G...she is deeply missed

5. What countries did you visit?
None!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
The ability to live in the same city (and house) as my husband for the entire year!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5, 2010 - my DeWald shower
August 1, 2010 - my bachelorette party
August 2, 2010 - my Jay-Schlierf shower
October 2, 2010 - my wedding date
October 3, 2010 - waking up knowing that I'll be with Paul forever

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think it was the fact that we were able to work as a long-distance team to get through the separation, plan the wedding, and make incredibly difficult decisions. It was awful to be apart, but I so appreciate it now. And I'm proud of how we handled ourselves.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to sell the house.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a few bouts of colds, but nothing major. Which is a giant blessing.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
It's a toss up between my wedding dress and the watch I bought for Paul's wedding gift.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Grandpa. He had a rough year...celebrating the one year passing of my Grandma and having a tough summer with a gall bladder removal. And despite him not wanting to celebrate a wedding, he did. And had a good time.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A certain person in my life doesn't like to share at all. And it's starting to become a problem. Hopefully we can resolve it in 2011.

14. Where did most of your money go?
a) an apartment in an expensive part of the country, b) a wedding, c) my house

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
See #1! Also, honeymooning in Hawaii

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier

b) thinner or fatter?
They don't lie about putting on wedding weight. And the eating and drinking for 14 days in paradise.

c) richer or poorer?
Can I say richer because my 1 person income house turned into a 2 person income house?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with friends

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining

20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Buffalo with our family and friends...feeling so loved and happy

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes. I know this sounds crazy, but every day I think I love Paul a teeny bit more. Yes...I'm kind of pathetic.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I know I'm a little late, but I totally fell in love with Gilmore Girls. Seriously. The show is genius. And I'm sad that it's off the air. But thank god for ABC Family...it's on daily at 11 and 5.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. I've been disappointed by some people this year.

24. What was the best book you read?
I read all fluff books...but Nicholas Spark's Safe Haven was good.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Taio Cruz or Bruno Mars

26. What did you want and get?
More time with the hubster...

27. What did you want and not get?
To sell the house and live in a city with friends...sigh

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3...but it was so sad!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and spent the day with my parents. It was good...I liked being with them!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing really...I don't think I could have influenced the city I live in anymore than I already did.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
It was all about the shoes. I knew that after marriage I wouldn't be able to hoard them like I did when I was single. So I bought a lot. And then I realized that after I got married I had no job. Which meant no money, which means no buying of the shoes. But since I have something lined up for 2011...game on!

32. What kept you sane?
Paul and my amazing sister Emily

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love celebrity gossip so pretty much all of them.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare

35. Who did you miss?
Paul and then family and friends

36. Who was the best new person you met?
While technically I met them in 2009, my co-workers were so amazing. I loved getting to know them better and spend more time with them. They are now more than just co-workers but friends.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Treasure your family and friends

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
FINALLY - it's not a song lyric but it's the word that sums up the year and my life

No comments: