Today is the 69th anniversary of the attach on Pearl Harbor.
Having just returned from Pearl Harbor, HI, it means a little bit more to me this year.
The USS Arizona is still leaking little bits of oil. I'm not sure how much is left, but it's amazing to think that 69 years later, there's still something left inside.
The memorial has a list of everyone who perished that fateful day so many years ago. And it's hard not to think that many of them were my age or younger. Fighting an enemy who wanted to destroy us. I'm so grateful that they gave up their lives for our freedom.
And even though, it's almost 70 years later, unfortunately we are still fighting for freedom from an enemy who wants to destroy my great country.
So on Pearl Harbor Day, I remember all those who lost their lives both in that horrible attack and those who have done since then. May they know their lives were not given in vain and that the country appreciates their heroism more than we can ever express in words.

No comments:
Post a Comment